Thursday, November 11, 2010

what do you want from me?

As you get older you have more responsibilities, more commitments, more money to be wasted.

Every month from now I have to set aside money for:
1. Hospital bills
2. Mobile phone bills
3. Personal expenses - travelling, food, contact lenses
4. Monthly tithes, offerings and savings.
5. Random miscellaneous things that require me to pay more money.

It makes me realise how I freaking hate money. When I have money, you keep asking. When I don't you not just ask BUT you keep nagging why I am not earning.

OMG.

I wish I can just shut everything out, it's like you think I get money can drop down from the sky is it? You expect me to have this and have that, but you don't think how difficult it is for me.

You say, I wasted my time after graduation doing nothing.

But i didn't do nothing. I did many things which YOU DIDN'T SEE.

I got involved in YOG, did many dance shows/jobs; I worked at a friggin Daycare centre for kids in a resort, I learned to look after KIDS - change diaper etc; and now I have an upcoming job for a Mascot.

I'm sorry if I am not earning enough to your expectations. You expect me to give you money which I can't afford because I have to look after myself. Did it ever crossed your mind that sometimes i WALK so far in order to save transportation costs? When my EZ link card has no money, were you there to help me? I had to rely on taking out from my Bible school fund or Kaiwen to send me home.

Maybe I sound like an ungrateful, unfilial child, but seriously I am no degree holder. You constantly ask me to move out, saying I am hopeless etc, but still say I AM YOUR MOTHER/FATHER AND I HAVE THE RIGHTS. Technically yes, but seriously, it's been going on for so long, when I don't say anything, doesn't mean that I am okay with it.

Yes, I really wished that I am earning right now, so I could fulfill your wish of moving out and giving you money regularly.

Ugh.

No more holidays, good food, additional spending for me.
Time for me to just solely depend on myself, not like I haven't been doing it, just that now financially, i don't have a choice.

No comments: