Tuesday, June 09, 2009

DANCE DANCE BABY!

I AM SO TIRED.

My goodness. Today's the first time I taught kids for Hiphop. Cheeky, mischievous yet super potential dancers. I believe they have a lot of potential man! One girl she has the stature of a ballerina, the other is a agogo dancing kid and the last female looked like she grew up watching Hi-5. However, I feel that the two boys in this class were the ones with a lot of potential, one has what it takes to be a bboy and the other a true blue hiphop dancer!

Seriously, I will just keep trying to impart my knowledge to these young ones and hopefully they will fall in love with dance. I know it is difficult for them to make a decision at such a young age, but seriously, I think it is possible. Check out all the young japanese kid dancers!

I remembered vividly, I was the one who chose dance when I was 5 years old. My mum brought me to a ballet studio and asked me: "Do you want to learn how to dance?" and I replied: "YES!".

Till now, dance has always been with me through thick or thin. I never regretted making that decision. Even though it is tough but Dance has taught me to persevere and has taken all the boundaries the world has set.

Today's advance class was dope. I felt so chill and relax. Reminds me of the old times, during my growing up yearss, I used to dance in my bedroom to these kinda songs. Hmm...I really want a breakthrough this year. I think I should pray to God for more revelations right now, I feel so stagnant and restless.

I am sure, this dance year will be an amazing journey. :)

No comments: