Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Gin was telling us about Michael Jackson's last concert and how hundreds flock down to Los Angeles to audition. I did a little research (during the midst of my studying) and found out that. HUNDREDS flew to Los Angeles to audition and there were THOUSANDS of them auditioning. Isn't it amazing? The best part? They picked an entourage of 12 only. I caught glimpses of Rino Nakasone-Razalan, Maryss from Paris and Sophia Boutella in the clip! However, it was rather unfortunate that they did not make the cut.

Still, isn't it amazing? That is really a dancer's opportunity of a lifetime man. Just dancing beside the man himself, is like reaching your goal as a dancer.

Watch the video at: http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/video.php?vid=5#vid

The shortlisted dancers are US dancers Charles Kapow, Ricardo Reid, Tyne Stecklein, Misha Hamilton, Mekia Cox, Nicholas Bass, Danielle Rueda-Watts and Christopher Grant. As well as, Timor Steffens from Germany, Australian dancer Shannon Holtzapffel, Daniel Celbre and Devin Jamieson from Canada.
(source: http://community.michaeljackson.com/us/news/500-dancers-fly-los-angeles-extraordinary-auditions).

If I had the chance, I would have gone too, it will be an experience that you can never forget!

Anyway, I really admire the dancers that made it through, it just makes me wanna strive for my goals even more!

No comments: